The organizing committee of ICTD 2022 is looking for active student volunteers (SVs) to keep the conference proceedings running smoothly to ensure a successful conference. We invite enthusiastic and reliable SVs to help us run ICTD 2022.
SVs get a unique opportunity to contribute to the organization of a conference, and interact closely with authors and peers, building their professional network. They will also be presented with a full conference pass providing access to the paper, poster, and demo sessions. The conference will be held between June 27-29. All SVs will need to be in-person at the University of Washington, Seattle.
The application deadline is May 31. Read on for expectations, eligibility, and the application form.
What are the expectations of a student volunteer?
As an SV, you are expected to:
- Attend the conference in person and help with organizing poster sessions, staffing the registration desk, ensuring presentations are functional and streaming correctly, relay the questions from remote attendees to the in-person attendees and vice-versa to create an inclusive and engaging hybrid conference experience.
- Attend the orientation meeting before the conference and understand the assigned volunteering schedule.
- Be present during the intended volunteering slot.
Eligibility, application, and selection
To be eligible to be an SV, applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral program during the conference period. Students who are graduating at the time of the conference are also eligible to apply.
Being an SV waives your conference registration fees only and does not provide travel funding. We will prioritize student authors with accepted papers, posters, or demos for the student volunteer positions to reduce their registration expenses. All SVs will have time to attend, and participate in the sessions during the conference.
- SV application Deadline: 31 May 2022
- Confirmation of acceptance of Student Volunteers: 6 June 2022 or earlier (tentative)